What we do
IIAC has four areas of focus which provide clear and purposeful direction for its actions and initiatives.
IIAC works to increase the efficiency and competitiveness of Canadian capital markets to improve the savings and investment process, attract global investors to Canada and open up opportunities for Canadian dealers and investors abroad.
- Provides leadership, resources, and participation on strategic projects and initiatives that will increase the efficiency of Canadian capital markets.
- Advocates for policy initiatives and structural changes that will make Canada more competitive globally.
- Plays a leadership role in strategic marketing projects that position Canada as a global destination for investment.
IIAC works to effectively represent the investment industry on regulatory, public policy and industry issues.
- Responds to priority issues as confirmed by its members.
- Identifies issues for advocacy that would benefit its membership.
- Facilitates effective member committees and working groups.
- Strengthens relationships with all industry participants and stakeholders.
Profile and reputation
IIAC works to build the profile and reputation of IIAC dealer members and the investment industry with major stakeholders, including regulators, governments, issuing companies, the investing public and the media.
- Promotes understanding of the contribution of IIAC members – small and large; regional and national; retail, institutional and full service – in converting small pools of savings by individual Canadians into productive capital investment for companies of all sizes across the country.
- Serves as a primary source of information about the investment industry in Canada.
- Raises awareness of IIAC members firms.
IIAC works to provide assistance and support to members to help them succeed in their businesses.
- Provides members with tools and templates to contribute to cost-effective compliance and operations.
- Provides members with business support such as conferences, workshops and other programs to contribute to members ongoing success in the industry.
- Provides members with the opportunity to build strategic relationships with other members, stakeholders and policymakers.
Register Now - IIAC Social Media Conference: Practical Tools and Tips for Implementing a Successful Social Media Plan for your Firm
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Save the Date - IIAC Small and Independent Dealer Symposium: New Strategies for Success in the Evolving Market
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Save the Date - IIAC Annual Conference: As Markets Heal, Confidence Rebuilds
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Save the Date - IIAC Investment Industry Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
(Following the 2013 IIAC Annual Conference)
Thursday, October 3, 2013